Good Afternoon, and welcome to the December ESAD blog hop, featuring products from the current Holiday Catalogue. If you have never visited me before – welcome and thanks for stopping by.
This time of year is generally pretty busy for us with lots of different get togethers with family and friends. We have a tradition in my family or giving ‘sumps’. A sump is a ‘little something’ – not a real full on present but just something small to let people know you are thinking of them over the holiday season.
These small gift boxes are perfect for ‘sumps’. I’ve filled mine with chocolates, but you could put anything in them. I got the idea from Lesley Pitt, another Stampin’ Up demonstrator I met recently in Melbourne. She gave me one and it was filled with a nail polish and mini file. Such a sweet surprise! You can check out Lesley’s facebook page here
These are really quick to make which is perfect for this time of year, and it also uses minimal supplies.
- Start with a piece of 6″x6″ DSP. If your DSP is directional, the top of your box should be your right hand edge.
- Score at 1 3/8″
- Turn the paper clockwise and then score at 2 3/8″ and 5 1/2″ from top to bottom.
- Score at 1 3/8″ and 4 1/8″ from top to the first score line.
- Burnish your score lines
- Cut up the bottom lines to make tabs for the base, cut off the small square in the corner and mitre the edges of the skinny ‘tab’ on the side.
- Fold box in half (with the tab inside) so it’s flat and use the tag topper punch to punch the top. You will need to wiggle this to go in and then eyeball it as it’s not an exact fit. As the bag is wider than the normal tag width for the punch, you will need to trim off the edges once you have punched.
- Glue it all together, fill with choccies and add some ribbon. Decorate the fronts with whatever you like, I have you used the Dashing Deer bundle and the joyous noel glimmer paper. The ribbon is the Merry Merlot and Copper reversible ribbon.
Thanks for stopping by, next up on the hop is Rebecca Scurr
– you are going to love what she is sharing.
In case you get lost – here is a list of everyone participating today:
- Leonie Schroder
- Lou Kitzelman
- Delys Cram
- Nicole Wilson
- Shannon Kissane —–> You are here
- Rebecca Scurr
- Sharni Haines
- Lauren Meiklejohn
- Jenna Watkins
- Cheryl Algie
- Sharon Dalton
- Siobhan Fitzsimmons
- Cathy Pinchbeck
- Peta Stephen
- Monique Fielder
- Jo Weedon
- Denise Buetler
- Katrina Duffell
- Narelle Fasulo
- Fi Cobbin