Peek-a-boo Party Pandas

Tonight’s card uses items from all three current Stampin’ Up Catalogues – the Annual catalogue, the Occasions catalogue and the Sale-A-Bration catalogue – A pretty cool combo I think.

final-18

This week the CASEing the catty challenge and the Global Design Project challenge is all about the Sale-A-Bration catalogue. I was inspired by the cards on page 10 of the catalogue that combine the Party Panda’s stamp set with paper from the Tutti Frutti suite. I have combined these two items in the past, you can check them out here.

In addition to this, I am participating in a card swap that must feature something from the Sale-A-Bration catalogue. I have had this window card idea in my head for a little while now and tonight I found the time to sit down and create it.

I used a 4″ x 4″ card base in Emerald Envy, I love this green colour. Unfortunately it will be retiring at the end of May so if you like it too I suggest you make sure to stock up on card stock and re-inker.

final-17

The window panel was created using a piece of Daffodil Delight card cut to 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″. I then used a craft knife to cut out the window squares, leaving a 1/4″ border for the window panes. I cut a piece of window sheet slightly smaller than the daffodil delight and adhered this to the back of it. – thus created a window.

I stamped the party pandas on a scrap of whisper white, coloured in the spots on their hats and fussy cut them out, setting them aside for later. When I fussy cut I find that the paper often curls a bit at the edges from the heat of my hands, so I often leave the cut images between pages in my grid paper (on my desk) and by the time I need them they are nice and flat again.

The DSP behind the pandas is from the tutti frutti paper stack and is cut to 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″.  I held the window over the top of it to get the panda placement right, then when I was happy with it I stuck the pandas down with their feet hanging over the edge of the DSP. Once they were secure I flipped over the DSP and trimmed off the excess panda.

Using some tombow liquid glue along the window panes, I adhered the window to the DSP. These pieces are identical in size so they should be easy to line up – especially if you use the liquid glue. I then stuck this whole front panel down onto the card base.

The sentiment comes from the Oh So Eclectic stamp set. I stamped in emerald envy onto a whisper white scrap, then trimmed them down and stuck them to a piece of emerald envy card that was ever so slightly bigger, leaving a nice small border. I used snail to adhere these to the front of the card.

final-20

To finish the card, I used some retired washi tape and a different panda stamp (from the same set) to tie the inside to the outside.

final-19

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s